Following the successful inaugural Awards in 2016, the Carousel Aware Prize for Independent Authors is now accepting submissions for 2017.
The Award will close for submission of entries on 30 June 2017. Submission are invited from Independently Published Authors in the following Categories:
- Best Novel
- Best Junior Book
- Best Non-Fiction Book
- Best Young Adult Book
- Best Anthology
An entry fee of €50 must accompany each book submitted.
- All entries must be either Independently, Assisted or Self-Published and have not been previously published through a traditional publisher.
- Authors must have a direct connection with Ireland (Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland) and either currently reside in Ireland or if overseas have Irish Citizenship as evidenced by a current Irish Passport.
- All books entered must have an ISBN (or equivalent)
How to Enter:
- Authors may submit as many books as they wish, but each entry must be accompanied by a separate entry form and payment
- All entries must be made by the form below. We are sorry but we cannot accept cheques or cash and require all payments by credit or debit card through our payments partner-PayPal
- To enter, please complete and submit the form below. Once you press the”Enter Award” button you will be taken to PayPal to make payment.
How to Send your Books for Judging
- Paperback/Hardback Books should be sent by post to: CAP Awards 2017,Carousel Creates, Aisling Na Smól, Killakee Road, Rathfarnham, Dublin D16 C992.
- Kindle Books-Please gift a book (Click link for instructions) to email@example.com
- Kobo-Please gift a book (Click Link for Instructions) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Terms and Conditions
- By submitting your entry you are confirming your acceptance of all terms and conditions.
- You confirm that you are eligible to enter and meet the eligibility requirements above.
- Entrants are responsible for ensuring their entries are received by the Judges. All postage and other costs associated with entering are the responsibility of the Author entering.
- Entries will not be returned.
- Under no circumstances will the entry fee be refunded.
- The Judges decision is final and neither the Judges nor the Award organisers will enter into any correspondence relating to their assessment of individual submissions.